English - Spanish / Spanish - English
My name is Luz Gomez. I am a freelance translator. I offer translation services English-Spanish. I graduated in 2016 with a master’s in Audiovisual translation.
Since the star of my career I have given my linguistic services in both American, Guatemalan and European with different clients and agencies. I have translated and subtitled different genres, from fiction to non-fiction from English to Spanish, for instance: Education, medicine psychology, websites, documentaries, audios and series, among other texts whose audience are Spanish natives, those that live in the Americas or in Spain.
One of the great advantages of being a freelance translator is that I work from home with clients from around the globe. And while one side is going to bed, I work on the texts that were sent to me.
My hobbies include reading, walking, leer, talk to friends, go to the mall or take some coffee.
The degree that I have earned are the following:
- M.A in Medicine and Health Translation, Spain (online) 2016– 2017
- B.A. in English, University of Regina, Canada – 2007-2011
Besides, as I am a professional translator, I keep studying to improve myself and my work.
Some other extra courses I have studied:
- Scriptwring Course, Coursera -2019
- ATA meeting in New Orleans- 2018
- Encuentro Latinoamericano de Traducción Audiovisual, Ciudad de México- 2018
- SEMAGIT, Antigua Guatemala- 2017
- French B1 at the French Alliance Guatemala- 2012